A Message From Ms. Fleurant
Welcome to PS 52 the Magnet School for Innovation, Exploration & Engineering. Our commitment at PS 52 is to provide a safe and intellectually challenging environment that will empower students to become innovative thinkers, creative problem solvers, and inspired learners prepared to thrive in the twenty-first century.
Here at PS 52, we have high standards and expectations for each student, both academically and social-emotionally. It is with pride that we hold these high standards and ask each of our students to reach for the stars.
We believe that effective teachers:
- Create opportunities for intellectual risk-taking, collaboration, problem-solving, and application of classroom learning to real life situations;
- Implement strategies that promote ownership of learning to students;
- Design instruction to integrate a variety of innovative technological tools and resources to enhance learning;
- Demonstrate ongoing professional growth in order to increase the quality of instruction;
- Collaborate with colleagues to share and discuss exemplary practices, interpret student performance data, and design assessments that promote twenty-first century skills.
We believe that successful students:
- Communicate in a meaningful way for a variety of purposes and audiences;
- Demonstrate a sensitivity to the precision and nuances of written, visual, and aural media through comprehension, interpretation, and evaluation;
- Employ critical and creative thinking skills to solve problems;
- Pose questions, examine possibilities, and apply skills to find solutions to authentic issues;
- Make positive choices related to physical and mental wellness;
- Contribute to the local and global community in a collaborative and respectful manner.
I wish you all the best at PS 52 Magnet School for Innovation, Exploration & Engineering. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and know that my door is always open. I am honored to serve as your principal.
In Service of Children,